Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bountiful Baskets December 5, 2009

Here is our Bountiful Baskets this week!

It made me really happy to see so many people we know getting their deals on fruits and veggies! Isn't this a wonderful opportunity?

Sambo waited outside while I sat in the warm car (he didn't want me to have a flare up... I am seeing the benefits to being diseased) and he got to chat with some pals.

On our way home we picked up some Reed's Dairy milk. I know, not a deal, but hormone free and that makes me happy. We also got the kids some kiddie ice cream cones because they were angelic in the car and at the Museum (we saw the Lincoln exhibit today--- thanks Katy for the hookup of tickets--- and saw our old friend Bro Farnes there too! Buddy loved this exhibit).



This was the regular $15 basket:
L-R
Top row: Lettuce, 2 watermelons, 3 green bell peppers (hiding by the oranges), strawberries
Middle row: Broccoli, 8 pears, 8 oranges, 3 cucumbers
Bottom row: 6 tomatoes, 4 small zucchini, 9 apples, 8 bananas



This was the mexican veggie pack and it was an extra $7.50
Cilantro, 2 yellow onions, 5 avocados, 1 garlic bulb, 8 tomitillos, 4 lemons, 6 of one kind o' pepper and of another kind (sorry, my words are escapingme today) plus a thing of tortillas

Total was about $22ish

Worth every penny.

I wanted to tell you how the last Bountiful Basket went too:
We ate all of the fruit so fast. I used the cranberries to make cranberry muffins. So. Good.
We baked the yams for Thanksgiving.
We made an awesome dressing for Thanksgiving dinner.
We made some soups and I need to use the broccoflower tonight or tomorrow for the potato bar I plan to have this weekend.
All we have left is some onions (which we are chopping and freezing in baggies), spuds (which keep just fine) and the broccoflower which like I said I am using.

I am looking for recipes for tomitillos and I plan to chop the peppers and freeze them for use now and later.

I love Bountful Baskets.


Now, after Bountiful Baskets my friend (since I was 7 friggin' years old) Amy and her fam came by to visit. It was so nice. I hope they move here someday. Sam totally dug on Chad (I fear they would be karate geeks together) and Wyatt may be the cutest baby ever!I
I love friends too.
Another rad day in Towerland.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. We're loving ours too. I got the citrus package instead of the Mexican one, and 3 loaves of Honey Wheat/Cranberry bread. Yum! I didn't get any strawberries though??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looked like it had a lot of the ingredients you needed to use up :) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/chicken-enchiladas-with-roasted-tomatillo-chile-salsa-recipe/index.html

    We eat a lot of Mexican food down here (go figure) :) I love food co-ops. We belong to an organic co-op and it's introduced us to so many new foods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I know you didn't ask for one, but seeing the avocados - best guacamole ever - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/guacamole-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, you should have received strawberries. When did you get there? Early or not so much? We were there about 15min early. Hmmm...

    Laney, you rock my world tonight. I NEEDED those recipes! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using Bountiful Baskets for a couple years now and I love it. Glad you guys have it up there now. :)

    ReplyDelete