Friday, December 18, 2009

Rigby Apocalypse 2009

Apparently the end is near.
Besides me week being full of major suckage (to top it off I am typing whilst fighting the flu... I feel like poop on a stick people), we had all sorts of excitement.
First there was the huge FIRE in Mud Lake
(See the report HERE).

Then apparently the news found it worthy to report that some dude hit an elk with his car here in Jefferson County.
There is the whole dog drama HERE (and for the record, I support the county, not because I am obligated to, but because they are doing the right thing and enforcing the law in the way it is intended. Don't like the laws, change them. The news is NOT reporting this story accurately, but that is a story for another day).

Then last night, I was chilling with X getting him to sleep and the power went out!
A transformer blew at a local power substation.
In the past these take a few hours to fix, so Sam and I decided to load the kids up and go to candy cane lane!


Spooky darkenesss


Belle is terrifying

Sam is disturbing
 
 Xander is trying to blind himself
 
 Buddy is being Buddy and refusing to pose for my photo op.
 
 We decided to have a treat while we were out.
McRib, I heart you.
 
 Then, the lights.
 
 As Sambo said, it was like Santa threw up all over this house.
I loved it.
 
 The kids loved the chance to stay up waaaaay later than usual.
 
 Belle HAD to be in every shot. I swear she has been a camera hog since she was born.
 
Sam was overwhelmed with the Christmas spirit.
Or he was passing gas, not sure which.

An hour later the power was back on, yay!
So we went home and went to bed.
It was an awesome impromptu family outing. My favorite kind.

Now I'm off to nap because I feel wretched.
On that note, I am glad this week has been so crappy because it means next week will be nothing short of super fantastico. Hooray!

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you mean Mud Lake, not Bear Lake. But that's ok because you're sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to get Chris to go to Candy Cane Lane with me and the kids but he keeps deflecting (which SO isn't fair to my shot memory). I'm now going to use the excuse that the Tower's went (Sam included) and he'll have no other excuse BUT to go. Thanks!

    Get feeling better so you can enjoy the most wonderful time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cd and bw and eat healthy foods from bountiful baskets or whatever and you still eat McRibs???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laney, I'm not a robot! Who doesn't love a McRib?!
    Plus, it was the apocalypse, had to eat it in case I never had one again ;)

    ReplyDelete