Monday, January 4, 2010

Meat Cookies

That is Sambo's name for these morsels of awesome.

I actually got this recipe from my friend Jeni. She makes southern sausage balls every New Years and I demanded her recipe so she gave it to me along with some samples. The were so good!
But, we all know Sammy is allergic to everything (poor guy) so I had to adapt to his needs. Also, I am a cheapo, so I had to adapt to what was in my shelves.
This is what I did:

1lb of hamburger
2 (or a bit more if you want) cups of cheese. One cup can be mild, but the other has to be sharp. I did two sharp and spicy cheeses and it was awesome!
2 cups bisquick
I added 1/4 cup pureed brccoli because I had it and to make things stick. I could have tossed in an egg and I prolly didn't need anything but I like to play.

Mix that together.
scoop or roll (I tried both, didn't see much difference other than the need to scrub my hands with the latter) into small (SMALL) balls.
Cook for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees

Eat and be so happy.




There is the "dough". So good.


Baking.


How the kids felt about it.

This is a new fave around here.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment