Don't judge me.
Anyhow, this is asparagus potato soup. We made it and loved it.
I got the recipe at allrecipes.com
Here is it:
(What I did different: I didn't use bacon as Sam is allergic. I didn't do the water or boullion granules, I used chicken broth instead and I didn't have whipping cream so I used evaporated milk, the entire small can, and it was fabulous.)
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan or soup kettle, combine the potatoes, asparagus, onion, celery, bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the butter.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cream, milk, salt and pepper until smooth; add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with bacon and cheese.