Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A new role and adventure in babywearing

Since an announcement was made today, I can finally let the cat out of the bag (a cat I've been keeping in this bag for a bit now and it was getting all scratchy and ill tempered):

I have been appointed to the Board of Directors of Babywearing International.

(www.babywearinginternational.org)

My bio isn't up as of today and I have no idea what types of positions I will get to serve in, but I do know this:

I am terribly inadequate for this job when I look at the other members of the BOD.

But, what I lack in fancy training and sheer awesomeness I plan to make up for with enthusiasm, love of serving families and a flair for the ridiculous.

I am so excited to be a part of Babywearing International and I can't wait to be given some chores to do. I have been getting a little bored these last few weeks with nothing but the sickies and gestating to do!



I'm still going to help our local Idaho groups of course, but this is part of why I was so happy to move all the organizational roles to other wonderful and qualified leaders here in our area. I wanted to be ready to devote my energy to helping spread the babywearing love on a global level.

This is going to be so much fun! (And a bit scary, but mostly fun!)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. That is an awesome and well-deserved responsibility. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-- that is awesome! You'll do a great job!

    And three boys! So fun!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete