Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy's Black Pepper Beef Made at Home

We love Happy Chinese Restaurant.
In case you live under a rock and didn't know.

One of Sam's favorite dishes and one of my favorite to steal from him is the Black Pepper Beef.
Which for the record is not even on their menu anymore (but they will make it for Sam if he asks).

Tonight we were both craving chinese food, but we are respecting our bank account (more than it respects us, harrumph) and Sam decided to try to make it at home.


Behold our wok of Black Pepper Beef Goodness.
Now, it doesn't look exactly the same, but that is okay!


And here is the master chef hard at work.

I'm sure you are wondering how it tasted.
Well...

Amazing.

As usual.
It was really close and I think I actually liked it better than what Sam gets at Happy (don't tell them though, they may get mad and kick me out and I still love their food).

I ate way more than I should have and may be paying for that later, but it was worth it.

Oh and I asked Sam to share his recipe.

He said no.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment