Monday, September 13, 2010

Karate Kid: Part 1, 2 and 3

If you didn't know, Sam teaches karate.
Funakoshi karate to be exact.

So, of course, our kids take karate.
Isabelle started when she was 5 years old and Buddy did prekarate for a year and now he has just joined the kids class too since he is 5.

I took some pics of the kids tonight after class.


I showed Sam this pic of Belle and he said, "wow, she looks so grown up. I don't like that."
Agreed.
But, I love that she does karate. This girl is so very sweet, but she knows how to take care of herself. I've seen her in action and I don't worry too much about some teenage boy trying to get fresh with her one day. She'll put him on the floor (and then if she can find her Daddy fast enough she'll probably want to taze the young man while he is still stunned from her ability to take care of herself, hee hee).

Oh and she is a yellow belt, I need to go buy her a belt! Argh!

Buddy loves karate. Loves loves loves it.
This is the only half decent picture I got of him. He only wanted to do super hero poses and I MADE him do a normal post. Argh.

I think karate will teach him more self control. Of course that is one of the principles of the discipline Sam teaches, so it had better!



And then our littlest martial artist (in waiting). Oh, how he wants to be in on the action too. He practices so much and tries to talk Daddy into taking him on a weekly basis! 2 1/2 more years little boy.

I appear to the the only one who won't be able to escape a band of ninjas!
Of course I am like Indiana Jones and while they use all their fancy karate skilz, I'll just bludgeon people with a skillet (since I don't know how to shoot a gun I have to go with an easier weapon).

(PS. Karate counts for Belle's PE credit for school! I love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment