Friday, September 24, 2010

Pretty sure this one is my baby

The other day Xander woke up from his nap and he was not happy.
Not sure what the deal was, but he was having a day where he wanted me to hold him and that is really all he wanted.
But I absolutely had to vacuum, switch the laundry, mop the kitchen... that was NOT okay with him.

So, I asked him if he wanted to ride on my back while I worked.
It has been awhile since I've had him in a baby carrier.
I have been having problems just lifting one of my legs period (stupid pelvic girdle) and the idea of adding weight and shifting things around hasn't been appealing.
Plus, he is nearly 3 and he rarely wants to be in a carrier anymore.
Sniffle.

Well, he jumped at the chance to be on mama's back.
So, I took a few shots.


I think I may really love this picture of him.
I think this boy really takes after my side of the family, and I love his little smile.
He was so happy on my back.
He kept kissing the back of my neck and saying, "thank you for the ride mama!" It was adorable and made me sad because I know this is probably one of the last times I'll wear this kid (and it always makes me sad when I'm not tying my babies to me anymore. Growing up is lame).

Oh and don't be jealous of how awesome I look. It takes a lot of work to to look this good (snort).




Here is another shot.
I didn't include it so you could see my fancy witch lady hair (I know, I was feeling the Halloween spirit? Just roll with it.).
I wasnted you to see another shot of how much this boy looks like his mama (because it tickles me, okay) and so you could see all Sam's crazy witch doctor potions on the top of the cupboard behind me.
People, I have NO idea what the frick half of that stuff is, but I know Sam takes it all alot and occasionally chases me around the house trying to get me to take root of this, or leaf of that every so often.
It is like his own little apothocary. Hmmm, not sure if I spelled that right.

Anyhow, I loved wearing a baby again and it made me even more eager to toss this new baby in a carrier the first moment I can. Just wait, I'll be wearing that baby in the hospital and educating the nurses on the benefits!
(And yes, as long as Xander is willing, there will always be room for me to wear him too... at least on my back!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment