Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Science class: Soap making with Daddy

Anything is a lesson!
Today Sambo was going to make soap and I suggested he use it as a science class for Belle and teach her how to make it and how it all works. Of course, he was all over it.

And so was she.

I wanted to be in the mix too, but I had piano lessons and, well, lets face it. I love my piano kids!

So, Daddy took over the lesson for the day.
I handed Belle the camera and this is what I got:



A self portrait. Shocking.
(Sam made her wear goggles in  case he blew something up. I would giggle, but after our burn experience when she was a baby--- yes, Sam was on kid patrol for that one and still feels awful about it--- I don't mind the whole safety precaution thing one bit.)


I have no idea what is going on here.
But that is my favorite pot for making soup and that is an ice pack for my chest after I have a baby. I hope both come back to me in one piece, I will need them both shortly.


Again, no clue what is going on here.


I am guessing this is what they poured the soap stuff into for it to harden.


Sister with her science experiment.


Behold our garage. Oooh, ahhh. So full o' crap.


More of Sambo looking over the soap.
In case you didn't know, Sam is more of a hippy than I am when it comes to stuff like this. He loves to make his own pretty much everything he can think of.
Me, I coupon. But if he can make it cheaper, I am all over it.



Another self portrait. You think she is happy?

So a few hours out with Daddy and this girl learned a lot, got to have quality time with her papa and some science!

You know, it took doing school here for me to realize how many opportunities we miss out on as parents when we could be teaching our kids something, but instead we decide we are busy and that is what school is for. Now that we are the school it makes me see everything around me differently and I want to share it all with my kids so their lives are more enriched by what they can learn around them.


On another note, Buddy made a new friend at preschool today. His name is Seth and I am so excited for them to get together sometimes soon to play. I know his mom and she is good people so it is going to be great! And seeing them hang out after school was so cute! Buddy loves preschool and I am really happy about that. He needed this opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. I want to see the finished product.

    That Belle is too cute for color tv.

    ReplyDelete