Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Special Moment: Oil Changing

Here is another fun moment of our life.

I took the car to get the oil changed.

I hate doing this for several reasons but the main one is when Sam is there they talk to him all "man to man" and don't push things like windshield wipers and fuel cleanings and air filters.

When I go half the time they replace this crap and $200 unautorized dollars later they let me know. Makes me nuts.

But it had to be done and I was in town.

So I go into our usual place that does the vacuuming and all that for us.

It was lovely. First time ever I haven't been pushed into wiper blades, air filters. In fact, at one point I thought to myself that I must be dreaming because I've never had such an easy experience having the car's oil changed. Seriously fantastic customer service. They even held the doors for the kids and I as we were leaving.

As I am pulling out all happy about the nice people there I look at my passenger seat. Sitting plain as day on the seat is this crazy huge butcher knife that Sam is making. I mean, it is a scary hill billy knife. HUGE, super pointy and no handle on it (because Sam is planning to make one). I didn't even know it was in the car. It was probably under the seat and I bet that was quite the surprise.

And I suppose that is one way to get great customer service.

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee, what a way to get service! You didn't say who you go to, but it sounds like Jiffy Lube to me. I used to go there all the time, but the prices just got higher and higher, and I too was sick of being upsold. Now we go to Jon's Auto, just off Woodruff. His prices are the lowest I've paid and he and his wife are just delightful!

    ReplyDelete