Thursday, December 9, 2010

Granola Girl makes Granola!

My buddy Heidi made some granola for me the other day.
I hid it up high and didn't share with the kids. It was that tasty.

I've been thinking about it ever since.
I've been slowly collecting my ingredients and guess what I'm doing today?

Yep, making granola!

It is baking as I type and I can't wait to chow on it.

In the interest of always having this recipe nearby I am posting it here (Thanks Heidi for the recipe and letting me eat it... me so happy!):


Crunchy Honey-Vanilla Granola
4 c old-fashioned (rolled) oats
1 c almonds (crushed)
1 c pecans (crushed)
1/2 c lt brown sugar
1 T cinnamon
1 t salt
1/2 c honey
1/2 c canola oil
2 T 2% milk
1 t vanilla
Preheat oven to 325F.
 Oil baking sheet.
In a bowl mix dry ingredients. In a small suacepan over low heat, stir liquids until mixture fizzes around edges. Pour over oats and stir well. Spread on baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes, stirring often and watching. Cool in pan, without stirring, on rack 1 1/2 hours. Break up and store in sealed container.

No comments:

Post a Comment