Wednesday, November 16, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 13

Well, I completely lost my voice on Sunday.
This is usually cause for celebration among the masses. You know, "hooray! She can't be bossy!" and the like.
However since I do the music with kids at church it was not so much a good thing.

It totally ate at me but I called my buddy to sub for me and I stayed home so I could recover my voice.

No big deal, I mean, another week of being sick, but we all go through cycles.

But here is the thing. Sunday night our bishop from church called us just to check on us and make sure we were okay and to see if he could do anything for us since he had heard we were under the weather.
I am so very thankful to go to church in a congregation that is full of nice caring people who sincerely want to serve each other and treat each other with respect and compassion. We have been so blessed in the past nearly 2 years to be surrounded by people who are so loving and kind and I say a heartfelt prayer of gratitude every Sunday for it.
I am especially thankful to have a bishop who likes my family and truly wants to serve us. I wish you could all meet him, he and his family are some of the kindest people I have ever met. His wife teaches Buddy in church and so you know she is a saint and my kids adore their kids and beg for them to babysit them all the time.
I feel like the congregation we worship with is such an answer to prayers in so many ways and I am just... well, grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment