Wednesday, November 16, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 15

Today I am grateful for my crunchy community of friends who spent a lot of time online yesterday talking me through learning how to purl.
Yep, I'm the dumb girl who has been knitting for 15+ years but never figured out how to purl or knit anything more than a scarf of a blanket. Sigh.
I purled a ton yesterday and I am all stoked that I know how.
If it weren't for the coaching and cheering on from my knitty friends I would have just given up.
Now I am determined to make something cool like socks in the next year.
PS. Feel free to give me ideas and advice on knitting anytime. I plan to learn to crochet next!

1 comment:

  1. Are you on Ravelry? It is so fun and so additive. Here, you can see how I spend all my time. Er, I mean, spend my time in enriching craft activities: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ErinGoBraugh

    ReplyDelete