Thursday, April 26, 2012

Kick Hiney Cookie Recipe

I keep getting asked for my recipe for the cookies I have been baking a lot lately, so here it is.

Now, I'm giving you two versions of this recipe. The original and the version I make. Because I can't do anything the way I'm supposed to.

Original Chocolate Chip Cookies from the book "Anna's Oven"

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup shortening
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips

Beat together.
drop teaspoonfuls of batter and cook for 10-11 minutes at 350 degrees.


Now, Kimber's version.
This is my Kitchen Sink recipe


1 cup brown sugar, plus a little more!
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon soda
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups  white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour (fresh ground is best)
2 whopping spoonfuls of peanut butter. I use creamy
3 tablespoons of water (or more if you find you need a bit more)
1 bag total of whatever chips you want. I use chocolate the most, then peanut butter and butterscotch or cinnamon. Just go nuts and mix them in.

Beat together.
drop teaspoonfuls of batter and cook for 12 minutes at 350 degrees

Now, if you combine the two and change some stuff and not others you will probably be okay too. I think the wheat flour really makes the cookies awesome personally, but it is just me.

There it is. This is a way easy recipe, it makes about 4 dozen I think and everytime I make them people want more. Just do what you want with it and be creative! It will work!

2 comments:

  1. sounds great! now I wanna bake some... (alas, I must go to class.) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete