Thursday, April 12, 2012

Up on the Rooftop

Seriously, the boys are trying to make me go grey before I'm thirty.

Be quiet. I know I was born in 1978, however Sam took over all my birthdays a few years ago which is why he is pushing 40 and I am still 29. This works for us.

Anyhow, here is their latest attempt to give me a heart attack.

They found the upstairs part of the shop the other day and wanted to use it as a club house. Sam was strongly opposed to it, but I wanted to give them a chance to have some fun outside. My rule was they couldn't make a mess and they couldn't climb out the window and get on the roof of the garage. Ever.

You know where this is going.

Last week I was teaching piano and the boys were outside. I hadn't heard from them in about 20 minutes so I got nervous and stuck my head out the window to see where they were.

I look out and up and there they stood.

The 6 year old and the 4 year old were on the roof of the garage.
But it gets better.

Buddy had a rope tied to a  chimney thingy on the roof the the other end of the rope tied around his waist.
Xander was throwing bricks off the roof and the neighbor kid (who is older and should know better and apparently got grounded for letting this happen) is just watching from below.

I had no idea (at that moment) what they were planning and I didn't want to know. I just yelled at them to get off the roof with all my might and hauled them in the house where they were promptly sent to their rooms until piano lessons were over.

They were offended that I ruined their fun because apparently they WANTED fractured ankles for Easter. Whatever. I'm a party pooper. I accept that.

After I cooled off I asked them what the frick they thought they were doing.

Well, Buddy was going to jump off the roof and Xander was going to rapell (I can't spell that word) down after him. Besides the fact that we all know that would have ended quite dramatically, I still can't figure out why Buddy would have the rope on if Xander was the rapeller.

I haven't bothered to ask. I don't think I can take anymore of their logic.

I've started adding to my daily prayers a request that I'll manage to keep all my boys alive and mostly unmangled until they can afford their own insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment