Sunday, October 28, 2012

First Ever Rigby Clothing Swap (and the rest of our weekend)

 I know I said I was doing less.

I really am.

But, I did have *one* busy weekend to get through before the end of the year.

Saturday I had:
Bountiful Baskets (7am-8:30am, ducked out early)
My first ever attempt at a community Clothing Swap (8:30am-12:00pm)
and Sam and I taught at Make it for Maggie (12:30pm-5:30pm)
and and and... finally we took the kids to the Ucon Elementary Halloween Carnival like we do every year. (Thanks mom for watching kids and for carnival tickets!) (6pm-8:30pm)



 Of course, we had to prep Friday night for the swap.

It was a simple plan.
Drop stuff off Friday night and Saturday come get what you want.
I had volunteers come Friday and we got it all nice and tidy and then Saturday we could relax for the most part.


We got there early at 6pm even though the drop started at 8pm.
The kids were... helping?
 I love that I married a guy who is totally into my projects.
 I look like crap but Sam is smiling so win!
Hey, Jade, remember this shirt?

We got so much stuff!
We actually boxed stuff up to put in waves because there wasn't room for all of it!




 I love my friends who come along for my wild rides.
I  have good friends.




There is is.
A lot of stuff.

Next day was a great turn out.

 Sam estimated that 200 people came through and got clothing for free.
How amazing!


Today we boxed up the leftovers for the next swap in IF next week.



I think we'll have to do it again.

Of course I angered my sciatic nerve and tail bone with all the bending so if you need any help with anything at all... ask someone else for a week!


1 comment:

  1. Dang, I hate it when good people get hurt doing good things. The swap was awesome. We got some good things. I hope that the food bank got some good stuff, too. Thanks for organizing this! Next year again? Hope I can help then.

    ReplyDelete