Friday, November 23, 2012

The Wheelchair "Invention"

This past week Belle hurt herself.

The kids were playing a well loved game with my mom where they run past her like crazy people and she throws squishy balls at them (don't ask, my dad came up with this game and all the grandkids adore it) and in true Isabelle style, she decided to drop to her knees at one point (THIS is why all her left knees of her pants and tights have holes in them, argh!) and she hurt her big toe and couldn't walk without being in a lot of pain. She separated the nail and the quick and it bled and bruised and everything! Poor kid.

She was a pretty pathetic sight this week, hobbling around.

Luckily for her, Buddy felt sorry for her AND (as he tells us) he is a master inventor.
He "invented" a wheelchair for her to travel on and then he and Xander hauled her around the upstairs of the house for a few days. It was really adorable. I got a not at all posed picture of Buddy's wheelchair in action:
Ozzy just had to be in the picture too.

I love this because it reminds me that even though the kids argue with each other more than I wish they would, they really do love each other.

Buddy worked really hard to make sure his sister wouldn't have to walk on her hurt foot. Isabelle told me privately that it was harder to keep her foot from being dragged than it would have been to just limp along, but she humored Buddy and let him do something for her. These moments make me feel like Sam and I are doing okay as parents and that we really do have the best herd ever.

It also tells me that I may need to explain to Buddy what "inventing" actually it. Eh, I'll do that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment