Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gluten Free Nutella Butter Chip Cookies: An Original Recipe by MEEEEEE!

Dear Gluten,

I drink your milkshake.

Sincerely,
Kimber

So, um, I win.

I was all cranky pants the other day because I wanted cookies that had the texture of normal  cookies and I was just so frustrated with the dry and crumbly or eggy thing.

So, I decided to make up a recipe.

I took a few classic recipes to use as a template, then I referred to a few gluten free cooking books and gleaned their tips that made the most sense to me and off I went.

What I came up with is, well, awesome.
 
The dough had me nervous for a bit. It was almost playdough consistently and I had to let it sit for an hour and the oil started to actually ooze out of it a bit. I would bake these immediately and not have the dough sit. I baked half immediately and half after an hour and while all turned out the same, it was easier to form the cookies in the first batch.
Don't open an oven when you bake gluten free foods. It is a bad plan.
But I really wanted a picture for you to see how it looked halfway through.
Right out of the oven and resting.
A big ol' pile cookies.

As Sam said, "they're good." Wow. Thanks. (I'm not being sarcastic at all.)

Really, they were awesome. Soft, not crumbly, moist... not something that screams gluten free.

So, now I share the recipe. I am so proud of myself!


Kimber's Nutella Butter Chip Cookies


1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup Nutella
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 cup gf flour (I used Pamela's and I like that brand the best right now)
3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar (if this is a heaping cup that is okay, hee hee)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Chocolate and pb chips or whatever you want to use. Go nuts here. I used half a bag of each.

Mix that all together until  you are happy with it. Scoop up with tablespoons and plop onto a cookie sheet. I didn't grease mine much.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes each, then let sit on the pan for 3-5 minutes or it will fall apart when you take it off.

EAT THEM ALL.

Keep in airtight container and hide from your kids.

Please do enjoy! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment