Thursday, February 21, 2013

Meet Cinco

I guess this would be a good time to tell you all about Cinco.

First off, he is a boy.

We have known that the entire time, but people always made sad noises when we told them he wasn't a girl, so we stopped telling people a long time ago.

He was born around 11:43 (give or take a few minutes, I'm not reading the paper with the info right now) last night. February 20th.

This means our entire family has birthdays in the 20's of a month:
29, 28, 28, 26, 25, 20 and 20. Go us.

He is 7lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long.

It was a long labor. A few scary moments and a few rough times, but as usual, everything worked out just fine.

His name is Henry Brian Tower... but he likes Indiana.

Please get that reference.

If you do, there is a reason why we are friends and that is why.

If you don't, sigh, read on:

"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade"

Sallah: Please, what does it always mean, this... this "Junior"?

  Professor Henry Jones: That's his name.
 


[points to himself] Professor Henry Jones: Henry Jones...
 


[points to Indy] Professor Henry Jones: ...Junior.  

Indiana Jones: I like "Indiana." 

  Professor Henry Jones: We named the *dog* Indiana.  

Marcus Brody: May we go home now, please? 

  Sallah: The dog?
[starts laughing]
 

Sallah: You are named after the dog? HA HA HA...!  

Indiana Jones: I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. 

We decided a fetus who seems to be the center of so many hijinks before he was born (and believe me, his birth was no different) needed a name as adventurous as he surely was. I loved Indiana and it is a vowel, but we couldn't name him that differently from the other kids... however, we could nickname him that way. So, we checked out Indiana Jones' name, which is Henry and we loved it. He can be Henry, Hank, Hal or Indiana or Indy. Awesome.

Sam picked his middle name, Brian, after my Uncle Brian. I quite liked it.

So, there you have it. His name.

Now for a few pictures:


I have lots of freckles. Sheesh.

Look at that cranky face. The scratch on his forehead is from the monitor we needed at one point. It was pretty wacky.
Me and all my chins checking out the tiny person who tortured me for 9 months. He is worth all the hassle.
10  hours old.
I love his squishy face.
Leaving the hospital.
I was lucky and my doc and Henry's doc let us leave about 12 hours after he was born.
We were both doing fine and honestly, I needed sleep so bad and I can't sleep in a hospital.

Just more pictures of the chunky monkey.
18 hours old in a wrap.

So far, he is perfect. Not a surprise.

He is eating beautifully, has the cutest little wail when he doesn't like something and of course, all the hair on that tiny head.

The kids love him and fight to hold him. Argh. Ozzy isn't quite sure about him, but we knew that may happen.

He is really wonderful and it is nice to be the Magnificent Seven.

8 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! Oh he is SO beautiful! My kids never had hair - LOVE IT! I hope he blesses you with sleeping for long periods of time early on. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so beautiful. And how much hair! Stop making me baby hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Magnificent Seven! Ha!

    I am so happy for you, Kimmy-Pie! He is utterly adorable and he's coming to such a great, loving family. I love all your sweet crazy boys and beautiful, smart daughter. The pictures are priceless--I hope you are getting some rest, my dear! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DID get the Indiana reference!

    He is so cute, love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know he's like twice as big by now and I'm super late, but I wanted to tell you Congrats! Uber happy for the Tower crew. :)

    ReplyDelete