Friday, March 29, 2013

Pictureless Update (little bit of this and a little bit of that)

So, you may notice there are not pictures on posts lately.

That is because my beloved computer (that I named "Craptop" a year or so back, but really, that is a term of endearment) is at the computer doctor right now and I could just load pictures onto another computer but the other computer runs windows 8 and I hate windows 8. I just don't have the patience to fight through that right now, so it may be a bit before you see pictures. Or, maybe I'll get the Craptop back tomorrow, but I'm not sweating it.

I did want to post a few things though.

First off, if you didn't see the news lately you didn't hear about the excitement in Rigby this past week. A student at the junior high who was going through a rough time had a list of students to harm and a bag of weapons, including guns. Thanks to some great police work, a tragedy was averted. All the information I just wrote was listed on multiple news sources and if you want more details you are welcome to look it up. All I feel comfortable saying about it, coming from my unique perspective is that some of the officers I know show such mercy while serving justice and I am so grateful that this situation was handled before it became a horrible news headline.

In other news, Heise Zip is going for the season. I get to be a part of it this year because I'm going to get to help a little bit with some fun projects. I love the Heise Zip people because they let me be one of the guys even though I'm "just a wife" and they value my input and let me help make things more awesome. Plus, I think Sam works with the coolest people at the Zip. I really enjoy all of them.

Buddy and Belle are doing great in their new grades. I also registered Xander for kindergarten through IDVA today. Pretty excited about that, but hoping I am not crazy to think I can do this. I'm getting my hair did next week. I have no idea what I'm doing but I need it to be fun and low maintenance. Hoping that isn't impossible.

Sam and I started running this week. I know, I know, I probably should have waited until 6 weeks after having Indy, but I felt good at 4 1/2 weeks and I need to start getting ready for my 5k. Oh, if any of you have ideas about which 5k would be a good first one to run, tell me.

Oh, and finally, the herd is nuts. Really, really nuts. Tonight Oz fell asleep early so Belle put him in bed for me. I needed to bathe Indy so I asked Buddy to sit and read on my bed next to Oz so I wouldn't worry. I was thinking Buddy would just sit and read, but that is just crazy of me. I come downstairs after the bath and as Buddy is turning to go upstairs, he starts one of his special conversations with me:

Buddy: Hey, mom? Can I ask you something?
Me: Sure. (Bracing for whatever is coming)
Buddy: You know, I'm just thinking out loud here, but, when am I old enough to shave? I mean, Isabelle and Xander tell me I have a little mustache so maybe I should shave now.
Me: Um, how about you talk to your dad about this tomorrow? (Relieved this is over and relatively normal.)
Buddy: Yeah. Well, I shaved tonight while you were upstairs and I think I can shave every day now.
  Me: (Should have seen that coming) Okay, talk to your dad. Go to bed.
Buddy: Okay, good night!

Seriously, why is he so eager to grow up ?

I have a lot more to tell you about, but I'll hold out for a few more days so I can post pictures. In the meantime, I need to go to bed so I can be ready to be a produce ninja come morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment