Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Running Stronger!

Francesca Battistelli,
Elle Woods,
and Mandisa

went on a little jog with me today.
Okay, so they were my playlist for the day.

It was another milestone day for me with running.

Week 7, day 1. I was supposed to walk 5 minutes, run 25 minutes and walk another 5 minutes.

I decided to run outside today. I was really nervous about it because I wasn't sure if I would run as far outside (having a treadmill to tell me how far and fast I'm running has been nice) but I needed to prove to myself that I could do it.

Plus, it is intimidating running outside where people can see me and say, "look at that pokey runner girl! She has a chubby belly and a dumpy butt! Let's throw stuff at her!"

Okay, no one has ever thrown stuff at me while I'm running, but I am still self conscious of their inside voice judgments.
Don't worry, while I've been working on being physically stronger I've also been working on being emotionally stronger.
I'll tell you all about that in another post, but if you want to peek into it a bit, see what being a Brave Girl is all about now. (Click here. Go ahead.)

Last time I ran 1 3/4 miles in 25 minutes and that was my target.

I RAN 2.02 MILES!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!


Total stats:
2.55 miles including warm up walk and cool down walk (10 minutes of walking)
2.02 miles running for 25 minutes total.
My average run pace was 12.24 minutes per mile!

I will take it!
This is my victory leap!
This is me dying after that run.
Seriously.

That was hard.
But not as hard as I thought it would be.

Best part was at the end right when my drill sgt app that tells me what to do and when druing my runs hollered at me to "cool it down" (that means walk, yay!) Mandisa's awesome song "Stronger" came on. That was beyond perfect timing.




That was awesome.
Beyond awesome.

Can't wait to run again!

No comments:

Post a Comment