Sunday, June 2, 2013

New Game for Mom

Parenting can be hard, it is true.

I like to find the fun in things.

For the past few weeks I have been asking Xander to put his shoes away constantly. He comes inside and just kicks them off wherever. I trip on them or someone else does and they are in the way and it makes me crazy.

This morning I decided I am tired of asking him to put them away. It makes me feel like a broken record. Plus, I'm a little bored. So, I made a new game to play. Every time he kicks off his shoes I put ONE of the shoes away and I leave the other one wherever he kicked it off. Then I sit back and wait for the fun to start.

I watched Xander search for his shoe for about 15 minutes. He had one on (the one he kicked off) and he was muttering to himself and even retracing his steps. Meanwhile I folded laundry and giggled. Finally he decided to look on the shoe shelf and lo and behold, it was there! He could not figure out how that happened. I just smiled and kept folding. I may start doing this to all the kids. Maybe I'll even get more creative with it and the shoes can play Hide and Seek too.

This is going to be fun.

1 comment: