Monday, October 7, 2013

Team Towerland Runners!

I know in my last post I talked about being sick and not being able to run for a week.

I was really worried that I would lose some stamina or something because of it.
I was wrong.

I went out for my long training run last Tuesday and it was fantastic! I rocked 7 miles and I would have gone longer, but we were waiting for visitors and I wanted to shower first. 7 miles took me about 1 hour and 20 minutes which is awesome since when I run on the treadmill I have been able to run 93ish minutes so I know I have more steam in me.

Here is an unflattering picture of me after my run. Please don't note how my shirt is totally sweat soaked in random spots. I was wearing a pullover so I was ultra sweaty (but my Raynauds didn't kick in too hard so I was happy about that). I promise, it is just sweat!

I have been enjoying my running skirts. Now that it is colder I love wearing them for the extra heat on my hips. Plus, I feel adorable in them. I don't know that I look adorable, but I feel it so I don't care.

The rest of the week was great. I ran 4 miles the next day and Belle and Xander each did half with me. Belle ran the first leg of 2 miles and nearly ran every step. She only walked a little bit. Xander ran the second half and he did have to walk and take some "stretching breaks" here and there, but I was able to keep running back and forth around him (so my gps tracked every darn step) and he ran the majority and was able to sprint home.

Friday I ran 5 miles and Saturday I watched conference on my kindle while I ran 4 miles on the treadmill.

That means I have a new milestone! I ran 20 miles in 1 week! Woo hoo!

Now, usually I take Sunday and Monday off before my long run day again, but today I was kind of grumpy, the kids were twitchy and the weather was lovely. So, we finished school and morning piano lessons and we all got ready to go for a run!

Check out Team Towerland!

Sam had to go to work so he couldn't come with us. Can you tell how he feels about that?
(By the way, Sam is still running. His injury slowed him down, but we resolved that. But, then he was working 2 jobs and in a play. However, the play is over and his seasonal job is nearly done for the year. This means he can finally get back into the routine! He is still way faster than me, but I think I have him licked on distance... for now.)

The tiny boys were very excited to be in the stroller again. The big kids were eager to run and so was I. We did 1 mile and that was it. I didn't want to push anything since I am probably crazy to add another running day to my life (but I really want to run a little bit) and I wanted it to be an easy run for the kids. Plus, pushing a stroller is HARD when you run! I did good though, even on grass. However, one of the officers on duty chirped me at the end and I nearly ran the stroller off the sidewalk trying to figure out who was chirping. Silly cops.

I am so happy my running didn't suffer during that week I was sick! I am also happy I took some time to run with the herd. I won't do that every run because I do need my mommy time, however, that was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment