Sunday, January 5, 2014

First OUTSIDE Run of 2014 (aka Winter is Lame)

Happy New Year!
It is 2014 and once again, I do not own a hovercraft. Stupid future.

Oh well.

So, we started 2014 rather quietly. Did some school, clapped for Ozzy when he used the potty, Sam and I started a health competition. That was fun. We're playing with some friends and so far I think the girls are winning. Like that is a shock.

I got my first run in on New Years Day. That was a treadmill run and it was great, but I have been a little sick of running on the old treadmill.

One of my fb friends posted about running outside the other day (she lives a few houses down from me) and that got me thinking. Friday, when I noticed it was only 35 degrees outside and I realized I had an open 45 minutes between piano students, I got brave and tried a run outside.

It was mostly awesome. I spent a lot of time leaping over patches of ice and I think that made my shins mad, but it was just nice to be outside for a bit. Plus, I got to wear my new hat that I got in a trade.

 My fancy pose.

Happy runner girl.
I only got a little over 2 miles in because I was worried about missing my student somehow, but still, it just felt great to run outside and it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be.

I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can run more outside again!

No comments:

Post a Comment