Friday, May 16, 2014

Library Budget Process Article

I meant to post this some time ago, but it has been busy around here.

A little back story on this article. When I was appointed to the Rigby Library Board of Trustees, I was given a state library law book. So, I read it. Then, I read it again. Then I became concerned. Then something happened with a department head that really had me concerned so I started talking to the state tax commission and the state library commission.

Then, this happened.

I'm going to be honest. I didn't have a good time with this. I have learned that while I am pretty darn decent at debate and I am capable of navigating through conflict and holding my own, I don't like it. I'd rather do other things. This was not a pleasant exchange between myself and several members and I am disappointed in that, but, oh well. At least we are following state law now.








No comments:

Post a Comment