Sunday, June 22, 2014

Our Freedom Flock

I can't remember if I blogged about our chickens.
I am getting old and insane.

If I blogged this already, just move along. Nothing to see here.

If I didn't, well, we have chickens!
We got hens. I didn't want to deal with babies. I found a farmer who was selling/giving away some hens and we got 8 of them.
Sam learning to hold a hen.
Henry having fun on a farm.
Xander being clearly confused as to what I meant when I said, "do NOT chase the chickens!"
The coop.
Millie trying to stalk a chicken. She tried to jump on them a few times, they kicked her cat behind and now she tends to show a healthy respect for them at all times. Smart kitty.

We love our chickens. They have taken a few weeks to get back to laying eggs regularly, but they are lovely. I named the white one Susan B. Anthony. She is my favorite. The pretty black and white one is Harriet Tubman (can you sense our theme for strong women in our chickens?) and the ones I can't tell apart are all named after our city councilmen and mayor. And homage, if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment