Wednesday, June 25, 2014

This Girl Pulls Her Own Weight

Today was not my favorite day.

In fact, I told today to go jump in a lake.

Just lots of frustration and stress and things that pile up to make a day lamesauce.

I won't lie, I am still in a fantastically rotten mood.

However,I refuse to end tonight on a negative note.

Therefore, something I did today that I am personally proud of:

I got to go help out on the zip line tonight. Sam and Jeff were training me (and that was a relief because they are good at bolstering my confidence while making sure I get things right).

It was going pretty okay. Then, Sam told me I had to brake myself going off the last line. I've braked myself before, but I still get nervous because I tend to brake too soon and then I don't make it all the way to the end of the line, then I am stuck and I need help getting pulled in. I know the crew up there expects everyone to pull their own weight, so I was not happy with myself when I braked too early again and fell short of reaching my landing spot. Sam reached out to pull me in and I told (maybe barked at) him not to help me. Then, I grabbed that line and pulled myself to the end.

This girl pulls her own weight.

It may be silly, but that was really important to me.

Sometimes those little victories are what matter the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment