Monday, July 14, 2014

Ziplining in the Dark

It is nearly 1am and I am exhausted.

But, I can't sleep.

I just spent the past 3 hours ziplining in the dark at Heise and now I am just wired. It was a crazy night! It was my first night tour not only as a hooker (the job title actually is hooker and I know you are all jealous, but don't hate. Also, get your minds out of the gutter. I unhook people from lines, and hook them on lines and that is why they call me a hooker. Sam is a guide. Cooler job, not cooler name.), but as a human. Sam has done a ton of the night tours so it probably wasn't as exciting for him as it was for me. But, he was super adorable about it. He picked my shirt to wear so we were all matchy matchy and he suggested I wear my hair in my bunners I like to wear. I was tickled. I have always wanted to wear matching clothes and go out together. Bucket list item, done!
Don't hate us because we're beautiful.

We got there and got all geared up. Night tours mean we wear headlamps.
I don't think these guys meant to do the same pose, but I love it.
I really love riding with Sam and Jeff. Makes me happy.

Who let the crazy person have a headlamp?
I was just a little bit excited. I've always wanted a light stuck to my head.

We went out with a small group with a few younger kids and they were awesome. So awesome.
It looked like this the entire time, only, maybe darker. Yes, darker.

Wow, night tours are crazy. It was nerve wracking for me to brake myself in the dark the first time or two, but then I started to get the hang of it and it was fun. Sam had to kill a rattlesnake during the tour. That was a little scary for the kids, but my mom skills kicked in and I just moved them away and told stories until that was done. They were awesome little girls and I just adored them.

Overall, night ziplining is super different from daytime ziplining. Fun, but different.

Also, not conducive to helping me fall asleep! Sheesh.
But, what a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment