Sunday, December 14, 2014

Towerland Family Pictures for 2014

Do you want to build a snowman?
Aka
Merry Frickin' Christmas in July

The story:

We were trying to come up with our family picture and nothing was really popping. So, we were thinking of holiday themes we hate and I remember "Christmas in July". I cringe when I hear that phrase.

Therefore, it was perfect.

So, we decided Christmas in July would be us in our swimsuits. I ran the idea past my artistic consultant/photographer (that would be Marie, of course), and it passed muster.

Then we had to wait for snow. That took a bit.

It finally snowed this morning.

As we were frantically prepping, I found our unicorn head and knew it had to be a part of our picture.

We bribed/threatened the children until they did what we wanted, Sam told me to be the worst pin up girl ever (nailed it), and he just did what he does best: be awesome.

Here we go.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, etc.

We love you all and can't wait to see what the 2015 brings.

(Feel free to give us more caption ideas. We have quite a few rolling around in our heads.)

Special thanks to Marie and Drew Harris for being our photographers again. They've been watching the weather just like us. Also, thank you to Sara and Ryan Grover for the unicorn head. I feel like it was critical to the success of our picture this year.
 Here are Marie and James, ready for some magic.



And, here are our pictures. I can't decide which one I love more, they all make me so happy.








No comments:

Post a Comment