Friday, January 2, 2015

The First Ever JOY: A Jefferson County Community Christmas (2014)


So, sometime in November I got this idea that we should have an interfaith Christmas program in Rigby.

I called a few friends from a few churches, and this team of ladies and I somehow managed to put together this all day event. We had over 100 people volunteer in one form or another. We had close to 200 nativities donated for a display people could look at. People performed all day. Many brought food for snacking throughout the day. That evening we held a formal program with members of multiple faiths performing in one manner or another.

Overall, we had about 400 people attend during the day, and that night, about 230 people attend the program (the room seated 177, so that was tricky).

That is a picture of Sam playing while I sang a song in the program.

It was amazing and wonderful and something I didn't dream we could actually do here in Rigby, but, somehow, it happened. I'm really proud of our team that put this together and I cannot wait to do it again next year. I think our community is ready for this. When I moved here nearly 11 years ago, I dreamed of things like this happening here and it finally is starting to and I am so happy. So very happy and hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment