Thursday, February 4, 2016

That was a Wink


Today I was asked to cover for my boss at a class at the local college. It was one of those things where you talk about where you work and what we do and a lot of the "why" people choose to work in these types of lines of work.

It was a really great experience for me. I hope it was great for the students.

Something happened at the end that I need to write down and remember.

As I was leaving, one of the students caught me and hugged me. They thanked me for my work as a child forensic interviewer. They told me about their experience many years ago as the child in an interview. They told me what I am doing is important and that it matters and they were grateful to me for doing it. They cried and I cried. We hugged a few more times.

I'm so grateful for that moment. You know how I sometimes say that God winks at me when I need it.

That was a wink.



No comments:

Post a Comment