Wednesday, March 2, 2016

MDT Training

Boy, this month has been busy.

Looks like I need to spend some time here catching up on the adventures in Towerland.

But, first, let me tell you all about today.

Today was such a busy day.

We have been planning for this training for months now. It was a training for the MDTs we are involved with. And MDT is a multi-disciplinary team. It involved law enforcement, prosecutors, probation, cps, advocates, mental health and medical professionals and... I think that's it. Anyhow, they all work together to make sure kids in their area are safe and that everyone from each discipline is involved in keeping kids safe. I'm the forensic interviewer component in my MDTs.

Anyhow, we spent the day learning about how all our roles work together and some of the things we can do to help make sure we are working better as a team. There were moments where it was exciting to see the "aha" happen for someone on the team. It was good.

I had a funny little moment during the training that reminded me of an experience I had when Sam's sister Becky died. During her funeral, I just remember that law enforcement was all of the place. There were men with guns everywhere. I loved it. I felt so at home with all these dudes with guns, and it was a comforting feeling just knowing law enforcement was always around during her funeral.
Today, as we were sitting in a group, I looked around and realized I had managed to sit right in the middle of most of the cops and I was so comfortable sitting there. I mean, they are my people, my family. I am really more at home with those guys than I am anywhere else. That is something about this job that I enjoy.

Today was good. I'm exhausted. But, it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment