Monday, March 14, 2016

The Snotty Circle is Now Complete


Just so we are clear, Henry is the cutest 3 year old I know.

Having said that, the grossest thing happened today.

So, a week or so ago, Henry came running to me sniffling really hard and jabbering whilst pointing to his right nostril. As we all should remember, this isn't my first rodeo, so, I grabbed a flashlight and some tweezers and went on a fishing expedition. I looked around in there, but I wasn't seeing a lego or crazy or anything teeny that wasn't the color of nose, so, I figured he just had a cold.

Fast forward to this afternoon.

Henry wanted something from me and he has been surly lately. It seems like he has had a bit of a runny nose (which all the kids keep cycling through all sorts of sickies so, that isn't really odd around here). He was crying and complaining, so I was hugging him and trying to soothe him.

As he laid his head on my shoulder, he suddenly cried/coughed/sneezed/yelled really forcefully. His head popped up and he smiled. Then, his eyes got big and he pointed to my neck, where his face had been buried. I looked down and...

There was a teeny, tiny, SNOT COVERED BAND-AID on my neck! You know, those little ones that no one ever uses? That was gooey and gross on my neck!

I look at Henry and say, "where did that come from?"
He points to his right nostril. Then he smiles and says, "yes".

His right eye drained for a few hours after that, and now, for the first time in a few weeks, he is breathing through his nose while he sleeps.

I can't believe I missed it when I was looking, but, you guys, it is flesh colored! I probably saw it, but didn't know what I was seeing.

This is what having 5 children, 4 of which are boys looks like.

Friends, let this be your birth control.

As for us, now all of our boys have shoved something weird up their noses and the snotty circle is now complete.



1 comment:

  1. Hahaha--this is awesome. And I totally get your boy-to-girl ratio. It's a circus sometimes.

    ReplyDelete